Sarah Minas / Ed Minas
We will discuss antique examples of bicycles and Victorian bicycle clothing.
Prior to the Automobile the single invention that had a huge impact on society was the bicycle. The bicycle inspired fashion change, social changes for women and improved mobility for thousands. The bicycle provided for transportation
I. The Early years
2. The development of the safety bicycle
3. Woman’s movement and social change – Clothing and camaraderie.
4. Discuss famous bicycle trips
5. Preserving antique bicycles – Major brands
6. Groups and resources for antique bicycle preservation